It worked. I don't know why it's so surprising... but it still is.
I woke up early on December 4th to take a pregnancy test, and had to squint and stare for several minutes before I actually woke Paul up to see the double lines. It may be hard to see from the picture, but over the next week the lines became very evident. What a crazy feeling! We are overwhelmed with happiness and excitement then.... all I can think is "OMG, what are we going to do?" (and yes thanks to the wonderful world wide web I do think in acronyms, hahaha).
Well, we are on our way to being parents. We are now almost 12 weeks along and due on August 15th. Please check in with us on our journey to becoming parents! Here are some pictures of the "Youngest Young" so far!
Above is the first sonogram at about 6 weeks along. The little arrow is pointing to the baby which is about the size of a peppercorn! It's crazy how something so small can make you feel so not well.
This sonogram is at about 8 weeks. The left side of the "blob" is the face... pretty cool. I can't wait for the next sonogram, which won't be until March sometime. We are both really excited and want to find out the sex. Hopefully, they will be able to tell us in March!




17 comments:
AHHHH!!! How exciting!!!! I'm so happy for both of you! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear more updates!
Congratulations! How wonderful! I wish you both the very best! Now we can finally call Gay...granny gay! Good luck...and maybe you will have twins! LOL
Cherie
We, of course, already knew but to see you two so excited makes us excited all over again! I predict that this will be the most exciting adventure and learning experience you have ever had. Enjoy the ride!
Love,
Phil and Mary
Holy hell in a handwoven handbasket!!
That is hugely exciting. Score one for the future of the planet when smart people procreate.
Wow, I can't believe I'm going to be a grand parent. Congratulations you two. I know you will be the best parents ever. Love you soooooo moooooochooo. Gramps and Granny GAY
Yea! Ava can't wait for her next best friend to be born. We love you guys like we love each other. ~Stonemans
CONGRATS!!! Wow that is so awesome! You guys are going to make great parents ;). And your due date is so close to my own b-day! :D
Yea, I'm so excited! Congrats!
Love, Kay
Congrats, guys! Having a kid rocks.
That second line was faint but your determination paid off. :) Congratulations!
I hate getting teary at work, lol. I am so excited for you!!
I am thrilled for you guys! I can't wait to change the baby's diapers and tidy up its room just like I did for its mom!
I must say it'll probably be an adorable and smart baby... considering the genes and all! :) i can't wait to be an AUNT and spoil the hell out of that kid!!!!
RIGHT ON!!! I've only had cats, but I'm sure kids are just as much fun..hehe. Mandy will be a great parent, cuz she was a RAD kid. Bestest!!!!!!!!!
WOW, Thanks for all your comments!! We are super excited and will update you with any news!
Awesome blog! Love it. Congrats again to the both of you. You should be on Oprah or something so you can talk about all your research and persistence that got y'all where you are. The youngest Young has one awesome mama.
This is GREAT! All of us up north (MD)are excited. It is incredible how someone so small can make such a big impact on your lives. What will the little one call Mary and Phil? Here are a few picks.
Nana and-Pop Pop, Granny and Gramps, Grandmom and Grandad(Granny and Gramps is my pick for Mary and Phil)
Love,
Bill, Sue, Alyson, Greg, Rex and Jack.
Post a Comment