Addison is 7 weeks today! This top 10 list is compiled from my experiences with Addison over the past 7 weeks.
10. Babies are LOUD sleepers... the expression sleeping "like a baby" is DECEIVING. They grunt, squeal, cry, laugh, and fart very loud in their sleep.
9. Babies eat all the time. I can't think of one thing that I do 12 times a day for up to 30 minutes each time. It's amazing how much and how many times babies eat. I guess if you grew about 2 inches in a few months you'd have to eat that much too.
8. Babies fart a lot. I'm not talking about a petite baby fart... it's like grumpy old man farts, they are loud and sometimes long. (Uncle Nick has nick named Addison Kelly "AK 47")
7. Babies can burp louder than some eighth grade boys I know. (She must have gotten that from her Auntie Kelly! That's what we get for naming her Addison "Kelly")
6. I have no control... and that's ok. Babies cry for no reason sometimes... and that's ok. This was hard to deal with the first couple of weeks for me. (Addison doesn't really cry that much, she is such a good baby... she's not very fussy and she gets better each day!)
5. I am a part of the "Parent Club" now... it's pretty cool. I didn't know it existed before. It's like when you see school bus drivers or motorcyclists wave to each other on the road. Other parents know what you are going through and smile at you with that "oh, you must be so exhausted, it'll get better" smile.
4. Lack of sleep is like Chinese water torture. At first you feel it's not so bad... but then... you don't just feel "tired"... it affects every part of your life; communication, coping skills, motor skills, cognition, eye sight, etc. I am so thankful that even though Paul and my communication skills have been tested, we are still able to make it through a stressful time like this with flying colors.
3. Babies are heavy. I have discovered muscles in my back, arms, and shoulders I never knew existed.
2. I never thought I'd be so happy about bowel movements in my life.
1. Paul and I have the best support system ever. I am still amazed by how wonderful all of our friends and family have been. Thank you so much for all of your support. We are overwhelmed with love!




4 comments:
Ha! This takes me back (and forward). Great list. And hang it there, because it truly will get better -- and more rewarding!
I just want to clarify that not ALL babies fart and burp like you're describing! Take heart pregnant ladies!
I laughed out loud as I read this, sitting in a hotel in Casablanca, Morocco! Good thing there are no other patrons around. I didn't know how to translate fart into French. Wonderful list of the trials, tribulations and joys of parenthood. I'll show it to Nana Young.
Yes, all the stuff we get to look forward to again.
The poop comment is so funny because I remember getting so excited about mustard yellow. Then even more excited when other moms knew what I was talking about and shared my joy!!
ha!
Post a Comment