Addison has also had another tooth come in on the bottom on the right of her center teeth. She is now up to 4 on bottom and 4 on top! I think she has been teething this last week or two because she has been a little more fussy at school and home and has also been waking up a little more at night.
Addie loves sitting in her new Elmo chair to watch "Baby Signing Time"... which is the only thing she will sit down for really. Any other show doesn't even hold a flame next to this one.
Addison has also discovered that the park is right outside of our house. We go every day... sometimes twice a day... this is not enough for Addie. She often will run up to the door (and yes she almost runs now!) and hit the door with her tiny hands and try to turn the door knob... which she can touch now.. and SCREAM. Addie has now discovered temper tantrums as well as the park. It is pretty classic. She will plop herself on the floor with a "SLAM" and then flip her head back and scrunch her face up, roll around on the ground and even kick all while crying. Luckily, right now it only lasts a few minutes and ignoring usually does the trick. However, Addison can be pretty determined to go to the park when she wants. We must find more things to do with her outside. Today I filled up a Tupperware bowl with water and put it on the back porch. She loved it, and played for several minutes before finally dumping the water all over the porch and getting herself completely wet. We then moved on to brushing the dogs, finding little shells or rocks (which she promptly tries to place in her mouth), and digging in the dirt. When we ended our morning escapade, I decided we needed more to do outside. I went to Toys 'R Us looking for a table that holds sand on one side and water on the other, but they were out of stock. I guess that's what you get when you go at the beginning of fall looking for summer outside toys.
I ended up getting her a Cozy Coupe, which is the classic red and yellow car that a small child can get into and pretend she is driving. Let me tell you... those little cars come in about 1003 pieces. I attempted to put it together tonight and finally finished feeling extremely accomplished (with help from Paul and his power drill). It took a little while to put together, but I am sure Addie will love it! It will also give us some more to do outside.
Addison's first "ride". 30th Anniversary of the Cozy Coupe... I thought it looked so friendly!




1 comment:
Good job with the Cozy Coupe! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment