Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Small Success at IHOP

Paul and I get a good workout when we take Addison out to eat. Often, we try to distract Addie with crayons or books to keep her at the table. Most of the time Addison squirms and fusses enough that I'd rather walk around with her than endure her behavior at the table. Addie likes to run and attempts to walk into the busy kitchen or out the front door of the restaurant and I find myself sweating to keep up with her.

Addison seems to understand more and more every day. So, when Paul and I decided to go to IHOP one day for dinner (kids eat free every day after 4!), I told her that she has to stay seated at the restaurant. I was shocked when she said "No" back to me! I just repeated my directions a few times on the way over to IHOP. When we got there she actually stayed in her seat and at the table the entire time! By the end of dinner she was ready to go, but really did well. I hope this is not a fluke... we will keep practicing sitting at restaurants.... but a success regardless!




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! Go Addie! :)

Darling Daughters said...

wow, that IS really good!!! Congrats!! We still get the climbing out of the chair/highchair, arguing, yelling deal in our family quite a bit of the time. :(

Tammy said...

Very Successful! I love those long eyelashes in the pictures.