Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Port Aransas Vacation



Paul and I took the kids to Port Aransas to vacation with Kelly and Tracy, and Loretta, Pepe and Ruby. We had a lot of fun! We stayed for 3 days and checked out the Corpus Christi Aquarium, the beach and the condo pool. The first night, Paul took Addison down to the beach which was in walking distance from the condo we rented. She was SO excited and was asking about going to the beach all day. On the drive down to Corpus, Addison would randomly say "We are going to see the beach!" as if she was affirming/asking that she would actually go... and wouldn't be in a car all day. When we went to eat dinner before going to the beach, she asked about the beach all through dinner... FINALLY... after about a 5 hour drive and dinner... Addison was satisfied.


The first night was rough. If you put an almost 3 year old and a 10 month old in the same room after seeing the beach and knowing your Aky, Aunt T, and BFF, Ruby, are in the next room... it's not a good combo. Jack woke up at about 2 AM crying and Addison was then up for the next 2 and a half hours. This wouldn't have been so bad, but she kept climbing in and out of her bed into our bed and talking about the beach and her aunts and Ruby. No one really got very much sleep that night. The next morning we drove to Corpus Christi to see the state aquarium. It was an awesome aquarium and the dolphin room/show was by far my favorite and I think Jack's too! The aquarium also had a splash park and Addison loved it.





Addison "swimming" like the dolphins...







Addie tries to pet the sting rays... they wouldn't even come close to the edges. Lots of little ones were splashing the water, I don't think I'd want to either if I were them!




I think the sea turtle on the way out of the aquarium was Addison's favorite part. She stared at these pictures on the way back to the condo and kept telling Paul she hugged the turtle.




You would think... after being up for about 2 and a half hours in the middle of the night and then a long day at the aquarium and splash park.... that Addison would take a nap, but you would be wrong. NO NAP, so off to the beach we go!



Unfortunately, I didn't get very many pictures. I think Paul may have some more, and OF COURSE, I forget my camera the next day when we were at the beach all day. Loretta and Pepe got several pictures, I'm sure I can get some copies from them.

Addison loved playing in the sand at the beach. She also liked sitting in the waves and playing with Ruby. I think her favorite thing to do was throw the boccie balls into a sand pit over and over, and get buried in the sand. There are some very cute pictures of Addison and Ruby in the sand pit together.

Jack did an amazing job at the beach... he loved to shovel sand... into his mouth! He also tasted seaweed and some yummy muscles. I couldn't get him to stop putting things into his mouth, but I think he really liked the atmosphere. He took a two hour nap on a towel at the beach, Loretta got a great picture of him snoozing. I'm sure I will post when I get them!


The condo was pretty nice! It had three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a living room, kitchen, and balcony with a view of the beach.




On Saturday night we went into "downtown" Port Aransas and did all the awesome touristy photos. There is a huge shark statue outside of a beach shop that we explored. Addison was almost impossible to remove from the inside of the shark. She kept sliding down the back of the shark!






One night Kelly, Tracy, Loretta, Pepe, Ruby, and I took a walk on the beach. I wish I had more photos of everyone together! I guess it's hard when you have a baby in your arms while running after a toddler.


On the way home, Addison watched "Aladdin" and "The Little Mermaid" at least twice. We stopped at Cabella's (a giant outdoorsy store) and checked out the huge catfish and river fish in the aquarium there. Addie and Jack loved playing with the toys, especially some black bear ottomans. It was a great last stop on our way home. Addison is still asking to go back to the beach almost every day. This will have to be a tradition... with lots more pictures next time!





No comments: