We have had a fun day today full of milestones! Jack finally said his first word with meaning and Addison is getting the hang of potty training. YES!
Jack has been babbling a little for the last few months. He most of the time just yells really loud to hear his own voice rather than babble. However, he has been practicing "ma ma, da da, and ba ba" a little bit. Today when I picked him up after school he definitely said "ma ma!" He said it with purpose! He also will look at me when you ask where is "ma ma" and tries to say "ma ma" when he wants to get my attention. So first milestone... Jack's first word is officially "Ma Ma."
Paul and I took the kids to dinner tonight and it was the first time out with Addison without a diaper. I was a bit nervous about it, but we had to do it sometime! She wasn't going to be 12 with a pull up on out at restaurants. Addison rose to the challenge and did not have an accident. She used the restroom twice and ... (I know this sounds silly for me to brag about... but I don't care, I'm excited!!) she even pooped on the potty! Addison was SO excited about going. I reminded her to go tell her daddy with her inside voice, but if you've ever met Addie... her inside voice is very similar to most people's outside voice. I reminded her again to whisper to her daddy. She walked up to Paul and said in a nice whisper "Daddy," and then with her eyes SO wide she announced to the entire restaurant, "I went poo poo in the potty!! I'm a big girl! I get a prize from the BIG treasure box!!" I looked around in horror... when the restaurant roared with laughter and "Oh my goodness, she is so cute." This is the only time, in someone's life that pooping on the potty and telling everyone about it is CUTE.
I wish I had it on video... dang... Next time I really need to think about having out my camera. It would have won America's Funniest Home Videos, and been viral on Youtube.




No comments:
Post a Comment