Paul and I went to the doctor today for a check up and ultrasound, and we may be seeing Addison earlier than we think! I'm measuring at 37 weeks and 3 days which now estimates the delivery date to be around August 7th instead of August 14th. I think it would be awesome for her to be born on 8-8-08! She was also estimated to be a chunky 7.5 pounds already. (Which is a little scary). The ultrasound showed her curled up head down on my left side. The ultrasound tech had difficulty getting a really good picture of her face because she kept burrowing it... and boy, can I feel it. She must enjoy hanging out on my left side because my belly is definitely lopsided and my left ankle and foot are swollen much more than my right. Paul will scan the ultrasound pictures and we will try to get them uploaded soon! My doctor said I was almost 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced... so all of this is an estimate. We will see what happens!
Most of you already know, but for those of you who don't... Paul will be starting a new job at Dell on August 4th. So, we are hoping that Addison will come after the 4th so that we can be on his new benefits. If not, that's ok, she'll come when she does and I think we are as ready as any first time parents can be... or we think we are... :) Paul has had a few weeks off before he starts his new job and has been doing a lot around the house. I think he is "nesting" more than I am! He has made his own "to do" list and is tearing through it with gusto! As of right now... our entire closet is in our living room because he is putting in closet organizers. It's been great to have this time with him before the baby comes.




5 comments:
Ya'll should go out to a movie date! No more organizing! I think we've only seen 2 or 3 movies in the theater in the 22 months since Ava came born........
BTW, Ava loves Addison!! She can't wait to meet her and neither can we!
Sorry Mandy, but I'm gonna go with late. Gotta play the odds!
I hope she does come later than sooner, right now! In a few weeks... I know I'll be saying different.
I'm sticking with the 16th... full moon... xox
I'm going with the 10th. Just a feeling... I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment