Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Eat, Play, then... NAP.

This is for my friend, Katie, she has given me a pep talk and much needed advice. We have been talking about getting Addison on a schedule and how several books say it is best for a baby to eat, then play or have some activity, and then nap. However, after Addie cries to eat... and eats a little... she knocks OUT and it is SO difficult to wake her for some active time. If I don't wake her then she sleeps for about 20 minutes and then cries to eat some more and sleeps for 20 minutes and then is up for awhile... It just turns into a big snack fest all day and she doesn't get good rest. Now, we are trying to get her to eat a full feeding every 2 and a half to three hours.

SO... starting yesterday I tried a lot of stuff to keep her up in order for her to stick to her eat, play, nap schedule. This first video is after she had a diaper change and outfit change. I have Motown playing in the back ground, the TV on, I bounce her around, and I sing... and not well! Here is the proof that Addison does not like to transition from nap to activity time... just like her daddy!



The second video is after a cold wet cloth to the face and chest... she didn't like that... but managed to keep her eyes shut. Then she started falling asleep doing tummy time.




She finally woke up after a lot of singing and dancing and tickling. The schedule is falling into place though. I think she is getting better rest and I am finally getting a break while she naps.

Thanks Katie!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

she's doing great!!

Darling Daughters said...

YAY! Keep working on it! Just try it for a week or so and if it's not for you, try something else. I think the "E.A.S.Y. Routine" is from the Baby Whisperer. I hope you guys are in a good routine sometime soon!