So far, life after tubes has been better. Addison still has a bad cough, and I think she has a little bit of cold/flu going on because she coughed during the night a lot. However, at least she didn't wake up crying bloody murder last night!
The doctor said that she had a lot of puss and fluid behind her ear drums. They sent some of the fluid and puss off to get evaluated so they can put her on the right antibiotic for the infection. Poor girl was probably very uncomfortable. She did awesome for the procedure. She didn't cry or even fuss the entire time. The nurses said that she would probably cry after waking from the anesthesia but she just woke up and then fell back to sleep for about 30 minutes without even blinking. The whole procedure was about 7 minutes or less. It took us more time to fill out the paper work and get signed in than anything else. She has to have ear drops twice a day for the next 5 days and she will most likely be put back on antibiotics after they analyze the culture. Addie has had a little bit of leakage from her ears, but overall has done very well. I can't wait for all of her other congestion and sickness to get better!




5 comments:
So glad to hear everything went well! The whole anesthia (spelling?) thing makes us SO nervous....it's good to hear other parents' experiences. Addie is such a good baby. All that going on and she's still an angel.
It may only be 7 minutes, but I remember them as absolutely nerve racking. Once they take your little daughter away, and you know she has no idea what's about to happen, it's heartbreaking.
We are so so glad to hear that everything went well. We know it is hard to see them go through something like that. When Isa had her mouth procedure and think it bothered us more than her.
Yay! So glad it all went well, I'm sure you were nervous...so happy to hear that she will be feeling better.
Glad to hear it went well! I think I have heard it described as similar to tree sap that is released, so I would think that would be very relieving to get that out!! I'm sure she'll be tip-top soon. She sounds like a trooper!
Post a Comment