Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

TUBES

I took Addison to the Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist today. He took one look at her ears and recommended tubes. He did give other options, but I feel so bad for Addison to be on more medicine that may or may not help her. Plus, she had her hearing checked and the results showed she has pretty bad deficits because of the fluid behind her ear drums. I was surprised to hear that the operation takes about 10 minutes or less! Plus, the recovery is very fast, and hopefully she will feel better much faster than on those slow old antibiotics. She will have the tubes placed on Monday morning! The doctor wanted to move fast so she will feel relief quickly.

Poor Addie, has lots of congestion too. She still rattles in her chest and has crusty eyes. She's been congested on and off since she had RSV back in December. Since she is in day care, there isn't really a good way to protect her from possible sniffles. However, I do hope these tubes help with the congestion in her ears.

Regardless of all of the congestion and nastiness. Addison is a great baby. She is usually all smiles and rarely fusses unless in pain, tired, or hungry. Her bottom two teeth are slowly but surely making their way into the world.

Here are some pictures of her with her BFF... Shiner.

4 comments:

Darling Daughters said...

I think you'll be really happy with the result of the tubes. It is also exciting that the bottom teeth are breaking!

The Jagodiks said...

I've heard tubes are a great resolution to consistent ear infections... I hope it goes well on Monday! AND, I LOVE the pics with her BFF!!!!!

Brooke Simmons said...

I don't think Addison could be any cuter!! I feel bad for her that she has to get tubes but she'll be feeling so much better soon! Plus that will help with language development, as we know! Let me know where your friend found her nanny...I don't even know how to begin that process.

Darling Daughters said...

How did the placement go on the tubes?