Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Jack's 8 Week Update


Jack is 8 weeks old, and such a sweet boy... here's an update:

- Jack eats about 3 to 4 ounces every two to four hours.

- He takes about 3 or 4 naps a day, but is not on a certain routine yet. Some days he sleeps 20 to 30 minutes at a time and other days an hour or 2. The last couple of days he has had at least one nap that was over an hour.

- At night the longest Jack has slept is 4 hours. On good nights he sleeps from 9 to 1 am and then is up at 4 am, 6 am and then up at about 7:30 for a little while. I think he has had some tummy issues this week so we had some pretty rough nights with him up after 3 hours and then every other hour all night... Thank goodness I can drive up to my parents house for a nap. During the week, Paul is out traveling for work so I'm doing all the night feedings. It can be tough, but Paul helps out a lot when he gets home on the weekends.

- Jack is really pretty strong! He can hold his head up on the boppy when on his tummy and likes to look around by himself when we hold him on our shoulders. If that continues, he'll probably roll over a little early.

- Jack is starting to turn his head and smile at Paul, Addison, and me. He definitely notices you when you smile or talk to him. I really think he likes to hear Addie "talk" to him. She babbles and sings and gives him kisses and hugs often. In the car, Addison will say "It's ok Bubba! We're almost home." when he starts to fuss in his car seat... I got a video of it because I thought it was so cute!

- He certainly loves to be held and the best way to calm him is to wrap him up and swing him on his side under the ceiling fan while "ssshhh" - ing. Jack is not very fussy at all... a VERY good baby. It seems like the only time he does get fussy is when he has gas or right before he falls asleep, but it usually isn't for very long.

- Knock on wood... before and after I say this ... It doesn't seem like he has acid reflux like Addison did! Thank goodness! Poor Addie would yell and fuss all day with acid reflux until we got her on some medicine... This time has not nearly been as stressful!

- Thank goodness for the Fisher Price Rock 'N Play Newborn Sleeper! It's AWESOME... I really wish they had it available when Addie was a newborn! It would have been perfect for acid reflux! I just got it for him last night and Jack fell asleep in it right away and I didn't hear a peep for a little over 4 hours. YES! I highly recommend it for newborns. I wish I got it when Jack was born, but I just read about it recently.

- He is a cuddler... and we really love to snuggle with him!

Jack has his two month doctor appointment next Friday. I am curious to see how much he weighs and all of his stats!

No comments: