Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2 Month Doctor Appointment

Addison had her 2 month doctor's appointment today and it went very well.

We have a big baby on our hands! She weighed in at 13 lbs 5 oz and 24 inches long! She was in the 95th percentile for both weight and height. So, at least she is perfectly proportioned. The doctor said she looked like she was a 4 month old, but very healthy. She had to have 3 of her 5 vaccinations (it was sad), and will get the other two in 2 weeks. She cried during the shots but fell asleep before we could get out of the doctor's office. I gave her Tylenol before the appointment so I hope that helped!

We also asked about her fussiness at night. This week she has been much... much... more fussy at night and it takes us a good 3 hours (and last night it took about 4 hours) to get her to go to sleep at night. I know she is SO tired, but she just won't go to sleep and continues to grunt, fuss and sometimes cry. I thought she might have reflux or something because she just stopped eating very much and would cry most during and right after eating. The doc told us to change her formula to Similac Alimentum and give her 1 mL of Maalox with each feeding (up to 6 times per day) and see how she does. We fed her (with some Maalox) and gave her a bath and she fell asleep pretty quick. I hope this lasts and isn't a fluke from the vaccines she had. Hopefully, she will feel better on the new formula and the Maalox will do the trick!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like colic...3 hours/night, 3 times/week, for >3wks; usually at night. Not much you can do about it...just know that it's ok to leave her in her crib crying if you get frustrated.

Mandy and Paul said...

Yeah, I guess it is. I'm just happy that she doesn't have the classic colic scream. Plus, she is usually pretty happy during the day, if she takes her naps. She is just really overly fussy at night. I just hope this new formula helps a little.

The other "3" is 3 months... so we have about 3 more weeks of this ... hopefully.

Deb said...

She is getting so big so fast---has it really been 2 months!! Time flies when your...not sleeping right?

ha!