Right now I am listening to Jack coo and sing while sleeping. I think he looks a lot like Addie did when she was born! His poor little nose was bruised because he came so fast, but other than that he is doing perfectly. Visitors have come and gone this morning. Many of you already know that Kelly and Tracy's commitment ceremony or wedding is today! I am so sad that I can't make it there today but at least Jack can share a very special day with them. Also, it means that my brother, Nick and his wife Jana, as well as some other outside family and friends, are here to attend the wedding and now see Jack!
The labor and delivery went really well. My water broke on it's own, I didn't need pitocin and Jack was born after about 20 or 30 minutes of pushing. We are now all just very tired and napping today. I think we may be here until Wednesday because Jack is a "little guy" (which is the technical term) and they want to make sure he is eating well. He has had two feedings early this morning but now just seems like he wants to sleep. I think we may need to get him up soon to try and feed again. This feeding experience has already been so different from Addie! She was up and ready to eat almost every 2 hours after she was born. Every person and experience is different isn't it!
We will get more pictures up soon... Sleep sleep sleep now.




8 comments:
Congrats! He is so handsome! The technical term is actually "late preterm." He could have trouble with eating or with jaundice, so probably a good thing that you guys are staying a little longer. Avery had trouble with eating since she was so small, but it all turns out ok.
The Montanez family wishes you a huge congratulations with many blessings for new baby Jack and family!
Yeah ! He is beautiful and I am soooo happy for your family!
That is me, I forgot that I have to say my name....sandy kk
Super-duper congratulations!!! He is adorable. I agree he looks a lot like Adda Girl when she was born. Hope you are getting some much needed and well deserved rest. Can't wait to see you and the little dude!!!
Congratulations to you and your family!! So glad you and Jackson are healthy and well. Way to go!!
Congratulations! So glad you all are well and healthy. Way to go, Mandy!!
Congrats Paul and Mandy!! Very happy for you guys :-)
Post a Comment