Addison has needed several "time outs" over the past weekend. She is definitely pushing the terrible twos. I'm not sure if it's because she has a new baby brother or is trying to show her independence, but she likes to see if we will follow through on consequences. Many of her time outs are due to her hitting me or Jack. She knows she isn't suppose to... in fact she looks at me and says "Hit, hurt?" and then taps Jack on the head. This is usually after Paul or I have told her to be gentle. However, after her time outs this weekend she has not hit Jack. Most of the time she wants to kiss Jack. Anytime she sees him she says "I kissy Jack!" and pets him and tries to talk to him. She loves to say "I talk to baby Jack." and then speaks jibberish in a high voice and smiles and laughs. It is obvious she loves him. I think she is just having a difficult time sharing mommy and daddy right away!
We've jumped on the baby blog bandwagon, join us on our adventures in parenthood!
Addison Kelly born on August 7, 2008 at 3:44am weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches long.
Jackson Philip born on September 6, 2010 at 12:04 am weighing 6 pounds 3 ounces and 18 inches long.
Monday, September 27, 2010
Time and Time Outs with Addison
I've been spending lots of one on one time with Addison when I can. She loves to be outside and recently has taken a big interest in her bike! She wants to ride it all the time and is getting better at "walking" on it. Yesterday, she told me she needed sunglasses. I was shocked she even knew what they were. She said "It's bright! I need sunglasses." I can't believe what a big personality she has already.
Addison has needed several "time outs" over the past weekend. She is definitely pushing the terrible twos. I'm not sure if it's because she has a new baby brother or is trying to show her independence, but she likes to see if we will follow through on consequences. Many of her time outs are due to her hitting me or Jack. She knows she isn't suppose to... in fact she looks at me and says "Hit, hurt?" and then taps Jack on the head. This is usually after Paul or I have told her to be gentle. However, after her time outs this weekend she has not hit Jack. Most of the time she wants to kiss Jack. Anytime she sees him she says "I kissy Jack!" and pets him and tries to talk to him. She loves to say "I talk to baby Jack." and then speaks jibberish in a high voice and smiles and laughs. It is obvious she loves him. I think she is just having a difficult time sharing mommy and daddy right away!

Addison has needed several "time outs" over the past weekend. She is definitely pushing the terrible twos. I'm not sure if it's because she has a new baby brother or is trying to show her independence, but she likes to see if we will follow through on consequences. Many of her time outs are due to her hitting me or Jack. She knows she isn't suppose to... in fact she looks at me and says "Hit, hurt?" and then taps Jack on the head. This is usually after Paul or I have told her to be gentle. However, after her time outs this weekend she has not hit Jack. Most of the time she wants to kiss Jack. Anytime she sees him she says "I kissy Jack!" and pets him and tries to talk to him. She loves to say "I talk to baby Jack." and then speaks jibberish in a high voice and smiles and laughs. It is obvious she loves him. I think she is just having a difficult time sharing mommy and daddy right away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment