Jack is now 12 weeks old and still such a sweet boy... cuddly, happy, cute as can be... but needs to SLEEP MORE! He has had a few nights where he slept 6 hours, but most of the time he is still sleeping about 3 to 4 hours at a time. I don't like to complain, but come on! I have to start work next week and I don't want to have to stumble into work with sleep in my eye and pillow marks still on my face. He had his "2 month appointment" when he was almost 11 weeks and weighed 12 pounds 13 ounces which is average for his age. His height was 23.5 inches ... I believe... lack of sleep has compromised my memory... which is 15% (shorter than average). With Addison being such a large baby so fast it's been nice to have him still in 3 month clothes.
Addison has been an excellent big sister. She loves to cuddle with Jack, talk to him, sing to him, and always wants to know where he is. Her favorite song to sing recently is the "Do Re Mi" song from "Sound of Music." She knows all the words and loves to sing "Sound of Music" before she goes to bed and when she wakes up in the morning. Addison loves to play with people and is very social. I cannot wait for Jack to be bigger so they can play together. I think having two will eventually make things easier! It will be awesome when they both sleep all night and play together... it will be like having a little of my own time back!
Of course I love when Paul is home, but now I appreciate it more than ever. I have always looked up to single parents, but now I have a much bigger admiration for them. It is getting better. Jack is getting on a schedule and Addison is making it through this transition very well. I am so very thankful for my family!




4 comments:
Such a cutie! I love the pics of Addie and Jack! Avery didn't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours until 5-6 months...I know it's tough!
Thanks Rachel! I guess we were lucky that Addie slept so much ... she just wasn't as pleasant when she was awake, and it took her a while to get to sleep (due to the reflux). Avery is adorable. If you are ever in Austin we should set up a play date!
Dear Jack - Please sleep more so your Mommy can get some much needed rest. Thanks! Mommy's friend, Michelle
There..that should take care of things. Miss you guys. Need a playdate before you go back to work!!
Whew! Thanks for clearing that up Michelle. I really hope that works! Miss you too! I go back to work on Tuesday, let me know if you can swing something.
Post a Comment