Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

LLOOoong Weekend

Wow, this weekend has been filled with lots of crying, screaming, standoffs, timeouts, and ATTITUDE. Wednesday, the Binki Fairy came and took all of Addison's binkis and left her a playhouse and slide that she found on craigslist! Addie loves the new outside toys and played on them all Wednesday evening. It just so happened... that Addie spiked a fever the next morning. I kept her home from school. Jack was also feeling a bit warm and had a temperature so I went ahead and made an appointment at the doctor's office for both of them.

So, now the Binki Fairy took the all the binkis and Addison felt very sick. At the doctor's office she had a temperature of 102.8 and had a positive strep test. Jack had a 99.8 temperature, but otherwise looked ok, he just had some trouble sleeping. This combined with Paul being in California and then Colorado until late Saturday night...made for a very long weekend. I have never seen Addison SO oppositional. She was home for four full days in an extremely bad mood. She fought with everything, she would scream and when I told her to stop she would look me straight in the eye and scream even louder. She demanded cupcakes after seeing them on her PJs and when I told her we didn't have any cupcakes, she screamed "I don't like you mommy!" and hit me in the leg! Everything was a fight... which led up to a category "5" (on a hurricane scale) meltdown on Friday night. I seriously thought Addison may puke from her massive tantrum... I felt so bad for her. Poor girl, a new baby brother, dad is gone, she feels sick, and now all of her binkis are gone!

I did the worst thing you could do especially as a person who calls herself a "specialist" in behavior. I told Addie that Jack would let her borrow his binki (because the Binki Fairy doesn't take binkis from babies ... only big girls). Well, at least it calmed her down. There is only so much a two year old can deal with in one weekend. I decided we might as well change the one thing we can control and give her something to help soothe herself. She did better, with the binki... but if this "terrible two" is not even close to the "horrible threes" and only a taste of what puberty will be like... I think we better stop having kids!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, MANDY! That sounds like a rough time for all 3 of you! I completely agree with the lending of the binki... You've GOT to pick those battles! (Says the girl with no kids. HA.) Anyway, I hope that they both feel better and that the tantrums start to lessen. When do you go back to work?

Mandy and Paul said...

Thanks Shannon! I go back to work on Dec 7th... I really hope those tantrums get better or it's going to be a rough end of the school year!

Unknown said...

I'm always here to help- just call me and let me know!

Mandy and Paul said...

Thanks Cyndi! I will probably be calling soon. ;)

Darling Daughters said...

lol - sounds like you're at my house in Dallas! ;) Are you sure this is a story about YOUR life, or is it mine?