Jack went in for his 6 month doctor's appointment last week. He was 21 pounds and 27.75 inches long! Just like his sister 90th % for height and weight. The doctor found that he had another double ear infection! No one would have been able to guess. Other than waking up once or twice more over night during the last week, he was his happy self. Paul and I just figured it was teething. He was put on some antibiotics and seemed to do well over the next day. Then started running a pretty high fever and we took him back to the doctor. This time, the doctor diagnosed Jack with Hand Foot and Mouth Disease! What?! That sounds like something an animal would get!
Over the weekend, Jack seemed to feel pretty crummy. He's actually been pretty fussy, won't eat very much, and has been up several times at night. This disease is not fun. Hand Foot and Mouth Disease usually starts with a high fever and then followed by a rash of small red bumps which turn into painful blisters on the hands, feet, and in and around the mouth. Jack does not show a rash on his hands or feet, and I don't see any blisters in his mouth. The doctor told us that he had some at the back of his throat which is probably preventing him from eating. Poor guy!
Today he has been doing better. He ate some of his bottles and doesn't seem as cranky. However, he has been pretty finicky about going to bed. Hopefully he gets better very soon! He is such a sweet little guy. He just started sleeping better at night (before the HFMD). He falls asleep at about 6:15 and is up at 2 am and then up again between 5 and 6 for the day. I can't wait for him to sleep a full 12 hours! It will be AWESOME!




1 comment:
Ugh! I got that when I was in college. I kept thinking I had ants in my bed and they were biting me! I hope he feels better soon!!
Post a Comment